Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Crack the Book

The best laid plans....

I'd hoped having this new laptop at my disposal would allow me to write more, but alas, no such luck. Last week was crazy because I was in training all week long.

"What kind of training have you been doing, soldier?

"Army training, sir!!!" No, not really. Actually, it was computer training. I've now undertaken the task of getting certified. I guess I've known that I've always been certifiable and now I aim to prove it. Hey, wait, that didn't come out quite right... Anyway, now I know how to run Winders XP! Yeah, I know. Big whoop. 75% of the class material (a big 600-page Sybex book) was stuff I already knew. And, I did learn a few new tricks, which is always cool...some I've already put to use. There were only a few people in my class...7 total. Get this: the instructor took a week's worth of vacation from his regular job to teach this class. Most people go to the beach or the mountains. I even had a friend and her husband come to Oklahoma City of all places for two weeks for their honeymoon. Their honeymoon! Not Hawaii, not the Bahamas, not even Vegas! Oklahoma City! The ironic part is that she confessed to me later the best part about coming here was when they met up with me and we went to dinner. The Lex-man knows how to throw down. Word.

But I digress. Oh wait, that's the point of this blog. To digress.

Speaking of which, I'm currently sitting here watchin' Dubya give his state o' the nation. I refuse to discuss anything political on here, but I will say this one thing: Hillary needs to just go away. And, I don't mean Duff.

Well, I'm off to study for a bit. I did the class, but now I have to do the test. That's a whole different animal. And it ain't a fuzzy little kitten.

I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball. Cya.
-la

1 Comments:

Blogger Lance Manion said...

Hillary Duff Rulez! We love you Hillary!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home