Wednesday, January 18, 2006

How to Survive a Robot Uprising

I think that if the robots ever really attacked, then I'd be screwed. My first reaction would be to go screaming like a little girl to a remote location in the mountains somewhere, living out my days like Grizzly Adams. However, with time to ponder my situation in my new found solitude, I would likely realize that having seen an infinite number of sci-fi movies throughout my life, that I'm being a bit hard on myself.

Because I could go all Tom Cruise on them and grow a bacterial fungus that will destroy the robots. Or, I could just destroy all lubricants so that they freeze up like the tin man in the Wizard of Oz (ok, maybe he's not really a robot, but robots need their lube, too....) I could befriend the robots and give them all names. But that would be hard, so I would just name them by numbers, my fav being, of course, Number 5. Maybe I'd come back to society, shave, and join US Robotics and prevent any self-aware robots from organizing a robot union. If I had an accident on my way down a mountain road on my way back to the world, I'd make the doctors design my innards to be part robot cop or force them to spend over $6 million to make me better, faster, stronger than I was before.

If I was to return at all.

Still, that's just me. You can find more ideas about how to deal with the inevitable robot uprising at this site. But, if this doesn't do it for you, feel free to just join me in the mountains.

-la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home