Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wonder Pets Rehab

With the youngin' getting to that age where he can and does enjoy TV, we've been letting him watch a plethora of children's programming. He was stuck on Zoboomafoo for the longest time. After a steady feeding of that, his palate has changed. Now, it's 'The Wonder Pets', which he absolutely loves...to the point where we're going to have to start detoxing him soon.

Unfortunately, I'll have to go to rehab with him. No, don't get me wrong here. It's not as though I think this is the 'greatest thing ever and oh, my, gawd, you have to watch it!' Because, I could easily go for, oh, say, THE REST OF MY LIFE without watching another episode. The reason I'd need to go to rehab is because of the damn music. It sticks in your head...all day. I find myself thinking things during the day like, 'What's gonna work? Teamwork!' during management meetings. If you've never seen the show then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

The boy doesn't care which episode he watches. Unlike Mama and Daddy who watch something once and never rewatch it again, he will watch the same one over and over again. Of course, this drives us crazy.

The other day, we found ourselves cheering (literally) that the Tivo had recorded a new episode that none of us had seen. Sad, isn't it? The problem with a lot of these kids shows is that the television stations run the same episodes over and over again. This is both good and bad. It's good because it gives you lots of times at which you can view or record the show (you know, to avoid those Tivo conflicts). It's bad, because there isn't a lot of new content. And when you have your Tivo Season Pass set to only record new episodes, you sometimes have to wait a long time between new ones.

Lex, your weird.

Yeah, I know. You'd be amazed at how much I hear that. Somewhere, someone has a nice, cozy rubber room just waiting for me.

-la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home