Wednesday, November 14, 2007

High Definition Madness

I bought two TivoHDs to replace my aging Series2 Tivos...any Tivo junkies out there will know that this is both a blessing and a curse. It's my foray into the world of HD. I've been salivating over it for some time now...as do most people.

All of the elements are in place. Two great TVs, a home network, the TivoHDs, a new computer loaded with the Tivo software so I can transfer my favorite shows and movies, etc.

However, these new Tivos take CableCards, which is basically a PC card that decodes the cable signal and allows you to watch digital and premium content like HBO, Skinemax, Blowtime, etc.

But, when the cable installer came out, he made sure they were communicating with the Cox Communications mother ship and left...basically wishing me good luck. Of course, after they downloaded a firware update, and I rebooted the Tivos and reran the Guide Setup, blah, blah, blah...there was no HD goodness in the house of Lex.

So, another tech is coming out later today to jump through the hoops all over again. Will provide an update soon. And, tell me again, why do I work in technology?

Remaining skeptical that I'll have HD goodness by the end of the day,
-la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home