Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Kris Moose Knew

The damn moose had a smirk on his face. I think maybe he knew something I didn't...such as the fact that holiday travel is difficult at best and INSANE with a 1-year old. What the hell was I thinking?

The trip there and back was pure sado-masochistic evil...plain and simple. My wife and I vowed to never travel with a 1-year old again. Ever.

The actual visit itself was good. I got to play tech support guy (I was actually introduced to a salesgirl at the local tech store by my dad as 'hi-tech son'...to which I waved and said 'Hi, I'm hi-tech son') -- I don't think she ever knew my real name; got to visit with old friends, although a few of them that I called said they would come out for the proverbial toast on NYE and pulled a no-show. (Note: Dudes, I'm only in the area, like, every 2 years. You could at least break away for one freakin' hour to say hey...); worked on my parent's computer, visited family, went ATV riding, took the kids sledding, and ate WAY too much.

Bottom line: I don't feel rested at all. I need a vacation from my vacation. And, I actually was happy to get back to work today.

Ever have a vacation like that? Let me know...we can compare war stories.

-la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home