Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oncoming Downtime for Silly Season

The silly season is upon us....again.

Though I look forward to some downtime around the holidays to catch up on all of the stuff that keeps getting pushed aside in deference to family, friends, football, etc. like my hobbies...guitar playing and Xbox.

My son blew through the Halo3 campaign in about two days. I've been working on it in fits and spurts for about...well, since it came out. And I have a LONG way to go.

An acquaintance of mine gave me a copy of this old Alien vs. Predator game that I played on for about 15 minutes. It was old school, but had some good playability. It wasn't as creepy as he imagined (I mean, c'mon...I'm also playing through BioShock for gods sake....that game has a creepy factor all its own.)

You know what else I'm looking forward to? The writer's strike continuing for as long as possible.

But Lex, dude, you're a TV-a-holic! Don't you want to stay on top of all of your favorite shows?

Yes and no. Keeping up with TV shows, even with a few Tivos in the house, is VERY time consuming. Relaxing? Yes, to a point. But then I realize that I could have used that time for the purpose of good (playing guitar, gaming, writing a blog entry, and um, exercising...) rather than evil (um, sitting on my lazy ass doing NOTHING), I get a bit frustrated.

I'm thinking I need a break from must-see TV. Hell, if for nothing more than catching up on my Netflix movies. Ok, I realize I'm contradicting myself here. Trading one bad addiction for another and all that, but why have the subscription if you ain't gonna use it?

Oh, wait, that could apply to my gym membership, too.

(Lex makes a note to cancel his gym membership)

Anyway, in all fairness to myself, I'm thinking about buying a home gym, in an attempt to get around any excuse and work out at home. Going to the gym takes too much time. It really does. It's a bad excuse, I admit, and any accomplishment really boils down to the whole 'How bad do you want it?' mentality.

I guess it's time to start compiling my list of New Year's resolutions.

-la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home