Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Return of Kris Moose

It's cool watching my youngest boy. He turns 2 this weekend.

And, since it's the Silly Season, the wife made me assist in the annual exercise of hanging decorations everywhere. One element is Kris Moose...the smirky reindeer that adorns the entrance to my youngest son's room.

Last year Kris Moose knew all along that the trip was gonna be a bad one. This year, it's my turn to smirk. Well, not so much at his expense, but because its fun to watch my toddler not be scared of him this year. In fact, he likes Kris Moose and often pokes him in the schnoz when I say, "Kris Moose Nose!" while holding him eye-level with the beast.

The boy will then start pointing to everything that Kris Moose is wearing and start naming it: Star, tree, ball...you get the meaning.

And, the toddler-boy likes the Xmas tree - he's diggin' the lights. But, he particularly likes the chili lights I put up.

Chili lights, Lex?

Yeah, we live in the pseudo Southwestern US (notice Oklahoma isn't on this map...only on the border of it, so we can't really be called part of the Southwest - I guess OK is considered more in the Central US)....so, I have chili lights -- both red and green (you know, for Xmas!). And, because, well, I'm one hot tamale'. (Just ask my wife.)

-la

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home